PreferredMD has been involved in the care of thousands of patients over the last 20 years.
Our experience has brought to light that patients are frequently unaware of the details of the insurance product that they or their Employer has purchased, until they make a claim. We can also facilitate procedure scheduling with 5 star facilities and surgeons, provide reviews and much more.
Things to understand about your health insurance:
- How do I know if I have a really good health insurance policy?
- Why are so many great doctors not ‘in network’ with my insurance?
- What is an EOB?
- Will my insurance premium go up if I utilize my health insurance?
- Will I be required to pay my deductible in full before the insurance company contributes?
- How do I know if there is a daily cap for insurance reimbursement?
- What does ‘out-of-network’ – ONN- benefits mean?
- Why do I have such limited choice of in-network Surgeons?
- Will my health insurance cover the cost of my surgical procedure?
- Why was I reimbursed such a small amount for my out-of-network Surgeon’s fees?
- How long does it take for an insurance company to pay for my procedure?
- Why did I receive a check for my Surgeon and Facility fees?
- What does it mean if my Surgeon is out of network?
- My deductible is very large. Will I be responsible for the entire amount before my insurance company contributes?
- Do I have any options if I am unable to pay my out-of-pocket responsibility?
- What do I do when my Surgeon or Facility sends me a large bill?
Things to consider when planning an elective Surgery:
- Is it safe to have Plastic Surgery in a doctor’s office?
- Should I have my surgery in a hospital or at a Surgery Center?
- What if I need to spend the night under observation after my surgery?
- What can I ask the Anesthesiologist to ensure I get the best care?
- Will the Ambulatory Surgery Center send me a large bill?